My name is Heather. Welcome to See Heather Smile!
I’m a twenty-something from Saskatchewan (that’s the rectangle in the middle of Canada) with a passion for living a life filled with creativity, positivity, adventure, and love.
Here are some super quick things you should know about me:
- I’m all about kindness
- and I can get pretty sarcastic
- I’m a history nerd (that was my minor in university)
- and an English nerd (my major!)
- music-making and dancing are everything
- I love travelling
- but I’m also a homebody (the struggle is real)
- I’m obsessed with Gretchen Rubin’s The Four Tendencies (I’m an Obliger)
- I’ve wanted to be a writer since elementary school
- I’ve written one novel and am drafting a second one
- I feel really small in this big world filled with hardship
- this blog is my attempt to make the world slightly better
See Heather Smile started as a space that could provide a little ray of sunshine in what can be an extremely dark world. Since its birth in August of 2016, SHS has grown to include posts about wellness, choreography, and writing.
My goal with this blog is to be able to teach you about wellness and self-care (a topic I’ve been passionate about since my burnout) so that you are in a better head space for being kinder and more compassionate to others and are ready to add your own ray of sunshine to the world!
I also use the blog to share my in-depth knowledge of choreography and my authorship journey!
To give you an idea of what you might find on SHS, here are my post categories:
And here are some of my most popular posts:
- Why is it okay to Bash Being Basic?
- 10 Books I Would Bring With Me to a Deserted Island
- The Choreographer’s Checklist
- Downton Abbey vs The Crown
But these are my personal favourites:
- How My Burnout Led to Self-Care
- The Truth About Forgiveness
- Why I’m Glad I Got a Writing Coach
- Is Reading Fiction a Waste of Time?
- How to Run a Decent Choreography Rehearsal
- 6 Ways Music Theory Made Me a Better Dancer
- Is a Humanities Degree Worthless?
- Before You Copy That Art From the Internet, A Few Words
To get additional content and the inside scoop on life as a blogger, writer, and choreographer, follow me on Instagram @seeheathersmile.
To make sure you never miss a post, subscribe to the monthly See Heather Smile newsletter. You’ll be the first to hear about updates in the SHS universe and will receive subscriber-exclusive resources.
Other pages you should check out:
- Resources – get access to some freebies!
- Products – The Self-Care Workbook is available for purchase, with more to come!
- Portfolio – learn more about my previous choreography and writing work
- Work with Me – learn how you can work with me
- Contact – I’d love to hear from you! Let me know what content you like, what you’d like to see more of, and asked any questions about wellness, self-care, positive living, choreography, and my writing!
Enjoy the journey!