My name is Heather. Welcome to See Heather Smile!
I’m a twenty-something from Saskatchewan (that’s the rectangle in the middle of Canada) with a passion for living a life filled with creativity, positivity, adventure, and love.
You might be here because you want to hire me for your next writing project. Maybe you’d like me to choreograph something for you. If that’s the case, check out my Work with Heather page for details on what I offer. If you’d like to learn a little more about me and the See Heather Smile blog, keep reading!
For the past several years, I’ve been teaching dance (mainly hip hop and acro), group fitness, and music classes. But in July 2019 I made a move (new town, baby!) and transitioned into a career in freelance writing and choreography. It’s a little terrifying making such a big change, but sometimes, you just have to say yes.
Here are some super quick things you should know about me:
- I’m all about kindness
- and I can get pretty sarcastic
- I’m a history nerd (that was my minor in university)
- and an English nerd (my major!)
- music and dance are everything
- I love travelling
- but I’m also a homebody (the struggle is real)
- I’m obsessed with Gretchen Rubin’s The Four Tendencies (I’m an Obliger)
- I’ve wanted to be a writer since elementary school
- there are too many ideas in my head and in 8,000 different notebooks
- I LOVE NOTEBOOKS
- I try to be tidy but I’m messy-prone
- I feel really small in this big world filled with hardship
- this blog is my attempt to make the world slightly better
See Heather Smile started as a space that could provide a little ray of sunshine in what can be an extremely dark world. Since its birth in August of 2016, SHS has grown to include posts about the performing arts, wellness, and life lessons. You can expect a new blog post on See Heather Smile every Thursday.
To give you an idea of what you might find on SHS, here are my post categories:
And here are some of my most popular posts:
- The Irrelevant Comparison Game
- 6 Ways Music Theory Made Me a Better Dancer
- Spotlight on Saskatoon: High Tea at The Solar Gardens
- Is Relaxation Self-Care or Laziness?
- What 7 Years in a Relationship Has Taught Me
But these are my personal favourites:
- The Truth About Forgiveness
- What Dance Teachers Teach (Besides Technique)
- 6 Types of Travellers
- Why You Should JOMO instead of FOMO
- Is A Humanities Degree Worthless?
To get additional content and the inside scoop on life as a blogger and creative freelancer, follow me on Instagram @seeheathersmile.
If you want even more content and updates on the blog, like and follow the See Heather Smile Facebook page.
To make sure you never miss a post, subscribe to the monthly See Heather Smile newsletter. You’ll also be the first to hear about updates in the SHS universe. AND newsletter subscribers have the exclusive opportunity to share their own life lessons and inspirational quotes to be featured on the See Heather Smile social media accounts! Subscribe to find out how!
Have you checked out the Resources page? There you’ll find a self-care checklist, a choreographer’s checklist, and a 5 day email course on positive living!
I’d love to hear from you! Let me know what content you liked, what you’d like to see more of, and what questions you have by emailing me through my Contact page!
If you’re still looking to hire me for writing or choreography services, check out the Work with Heather page!
Overwhelmed by all the links and options? Start here.