It’s the May long weekend up here in Canada and many folks are going to be headed out on road trips to the lake (or cabin, or cottage, if you prefer). Nothing makes a road trip like a great music line up! Check out my ultimate road trip playlist below. This will take you through one hour of your trip.
DISCLAIMER: Not all of these songs are kid friendly! Listen at your discretion.
Firstly, you need to get PUMPED UP for this journey! The playlist starts off with a bang and works you through some classics.
- Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!! – Vengaboys
- Hooray! Hooray! It’s a Holi-Holiday – Bony M.
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – The Proclaimers
- California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg) – Katy Perry
- Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus
- We Like to Party! – Vengaboys
- Barbie Girl – Aqua
You need a little bit of a breather from singing so energetically for the past 25 minutes, so the following songs, while sing-along-able (yes, that’s a word, now) will give you a little breather.
- Lose Yourself – Eminem
- Gold Digger (feat. Jamie Foxx) – Kanye West
- Thunder – Imagine Dragons
- She Will Be Loved – Maroon 5
Rihanna is going to transition you from your laid back sing-along and bring you back to fist pumping good times. You’ll slide into some classic rock tunes and finish it off with a bang with a song that just about every 20-something knows.
- Umbrella (feat. JAY Z) – Rihanna
- Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson
- Thnks fo th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy
- Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- All Star – Smash Mouth
Boom, one hour of your road trip conquered!
Do you agree with this list? What songs would you add or take out? Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram or Facebook!